Sunday, September 10, 2006

Elizabeth Hurley in a Hurry


At an independent production company in Beverly Hills there's an underground garage where the film execs park. I was working on a film. And that afternoon I had an alarm installed on my new car. About 5 pm I'm looking for the installer because he has my car keys. Only I'm parked in Elizabeth Hurley's unmarked spot. Now - I didn't park it there, the installer did. And he left my keys with security. Only I didn't know that either. So I'm in the parking garage looking for my car and its keys. I find the car. I admire it. Then a black SUV pulls up and stops. Elizabeth Hurley gets out of the car. She looks at my car. Without introduction she begins, "That's my spot!. You're in my spot!. Move your car that's my spot!" - this is going back a few years. Hugh Grant gets out of the car. Ms. H keeps her voice at level 7 or so. "That's my spot!" I looked at her and said "I need to find my keys and I'll move my car" But she was like a subway turnstile. Whatever I said didn't matter. "That's my spot!" Hugh stared at the ground as if nobody was there. She raised her voice a notch. "That's my spot" I kept trying to appease her but nothing short of my lifting the car out of her spot was going to do the trick. Finally something clicked. Like the quarter went through the vending slot and she said "Who let you park in my spot?" I told her that I didn't park in her spot, the alarm installer did. "You need to move your car that's my spot" It went on for a couple of minutes. Hugh never said a word. I kept trying to tell her that if I had my keys I'd move the car. Finally a security guard came along and brought my keys. I apologized to her. (because I was in her spot) She gave me a look as if to say I was wasting more of her time and that was that: My run in with Elizabeth Hurley. She was very good looking when she was angry.

1 comment:

wcdixon said...

But clearly not THAT good looking....lol