Monday, September 04, 2006

Clapton and The Guitar Center Part 2

After the GC store manager put me on hold I found myself getting righteously indignant - Son of a bitch, it's Clapton! You see, after a couple of weeks hanging with EC you grow to love and respect him. Besides the charisma, talent, and history there's something about him that radiates a - genuine calming effect on those who surround him. It's not that he walks around like the Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh




He just seems to live for the moment in a way I haven't seen other celebs act. It's hard to describe without sounding like idol worship, but that wasn't the case. There are people who can make you feel comfortable in such a way that it brings out your own best self. That's the closest I can come to what it was like to hang with him.

There are plenty of Hollywood agents and producers who have this talent of making you feel important while you are with them, but in the end you know that they were doing their manipulative thing to get the best work from you. (Try calling them after the film is done) Clapton was none of that. And that is why I became so indignant while on hold.

Okay so the manager gets back on the phone and said he got permission to take the two Ramirez guitars to Paramount. Duh. Only he wants to know "How is Clapton going to pay for them?"

Now I put the manager on hold. I tell my friend, who's working in the studio on the same project, "They want to know how he's gonna pay?"

My friend says "You can't ask Clapton that!"

I say "Well I'm not paying"

We both had a laugh over the ridiculousness of it all. I walk around to Clapton and, with some embarrassment, ask "Um, Eric. The Guitar Center wants to know how you'll pay for the guitars"

"Like all rockstars, with a credit card," He smiled.

To be continued....

Part 3




No comments: