Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Santa Barbara Film Festival




I have to digest my reaction to the SBFF because right now it's too tilted to write about. I had the Film Makers Platinum Pass and let me tell you - that was some kind of fun. SB Film Fest

anyway - i'm sorry to remove Paz Vega but here's my dog wearing the Platinum Pass but playing hard to get.


Sunday Morning. I must leave for work in a few minutes.

The Platinum Pass. Oy. Homer Simpsons Choir. People staring at you assuming you must, have to BE someone. The parting of movie lines. That pass got us in ....everywhere. Even the Hotel upgraded us to a suite. There was one party where one highly untrained Bouncer wouldn't let the CEO of the Film Fest into one of his own parties. These were the parties that they informed those of us with Platinum Passes by handing us confidential memos with our SWAG. The memos listed the times and places of these affairs - You know, the ones where they have go-go dancers, food and drink and - as far as I could tell, not many actual filmmakers.

To be continued. (and edited)

17 comments:

Peg said...

Oh good...I'm looking forward to hearing about the FF!

BTW, as I was scrolling down the 3 yo Great One climbed up next to me--he says, Who's that Lady? I said, Oh, just a girl...

"No, it's not. That's Mommy!"

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You've helped my son make my day!

ME said...

Aw, doggie dog all recovered from his surgery and being cute! He's a beauty.

Crashdummie said...

Awwww such a lovely dog!

Good Dog said...

Would the caption read:

"Having a stick to chase is all well and good, but I much prefer the days when I had balls to play with."

Or not.

Lovely looking dog. So what happened up the road at Santa Barbara?

Matthew Bamberg said...

Come check out Dolly on my site. She just played here.

Matthew Bamberg said...

lovely dog, also!

Peg said...

Howdy, Portnoy--

Just a quick note to say hey, and hope all is well w/ you and the family!

Best,
Peg

Me. Here. Right now. said...

Portnoy,
Dude, ya can't leave a blog and not come back like this...

Anonymous said...

Cute dog and you have a great blog!

Sandy G.

Dupa Jasia said...

balmain
a_vertbaudet_taille

Stacy said...

Hey Man... what happened to ya?

Capri said...

I hope you and your family all had a Happy Easter!

Sal said...

Looking forward to part 2 of the lowdown on SBFF - and glad your cute dog is better

Peg said...

*knock knock knock* Anyone home??

My Dear Portnoy--where are you?? I am missing my updates on the lowdown from LA...

Hoping all is well

~Peg

Gledwood said...

That Mirren film The Queen I really wanted to see when it hit the cinema. Thing is it was only at our local one for probably under a week!

And they called that "cinematic release"..?

Found you via random blog button. And not for the first time!!

(They love you!)

Take it e.z.

Gledwood "vol 2"

Shanti Marie said...

Hello I haven't checked in on you for awhile... Wanted to say HI and also ask for your vote for my painting in the Saatchi of London Artist showdown Its the artist online version of American Idol.
Anyway I would love to have your vote..
http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/showdown/index.php?showpic=24648

Chio Shanti

Zen Wizard said...

The Platinum Pass sounds like a veritable babe magnet!

Please enjoy it responsibly!

(With...um...platinum tipped condoms I guess...)